All qualified applicants are invited to apply for the following position:
Position: Superintendent of Schools
235 Days per Academic Calendar
Belen Consolidated Schools, Belen New Mexico
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid New Mexico School Administrator’s license or the ability to acquire such license
- Minimum of five years central office and/or school site administrative experience.
- Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience.
- Ability to build and articulate a vision with staff, students, parents and community.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of technology’s application to school operations and instructions.
- Ability to use strategic planning for improving the achievement gap.
- Experience in approaches for creating and maintaining a safe and positive school climate, parent communication and involvement.
- Embraces and encourages diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of New Mexico’s public-school budget and finance laws, regulations, operations, and tap alternative sources of funding.
- Demonstrate a willingness to seek professional development in administrative leadership, management, and supervision.
- Ability to provide an environment and climate where all stakeholders share creativity, risk-taking, and experimentation.
- Ability to perform essential job functions and job task requirements noted on the job description.
- Residence within the Belen Consolidated School District is preferred
Salary: As Negotiated with the Board of Education
Starting Date: Upon Board Approval
Interested applicants should submit to the address and/or email below a letter of interest, a resume outlining education, work experience, professional organizations and three references with addresses and telephone numbers and a statement of educational philosophy (maximum of two typewritten pages). If offered a position, potential employee will need to have a fingerprint background check and pre-employment drug test completed.
You can apply at https://belen.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx.
Email Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Postal Mail Submissions, Address to:
Belen Board of Education
Elizabeth Chavez, Board President
520 N. Main Street
Belen, NM 87002
Questions can be referred to: Elizabeth Chavez, School Board President @ 505-710-9623.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Postmarked and/or emailed by November 20, 2020 by 5:00 pm to RaeCee Vallejos at email@example.com
The Belen Consolidated School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or veteran status in employment or the provisions of services in compliance with State and Federal Law