LORDSBURG MUNICIPAL SCHOOLS
NOTICE OF VACANCY
March 28, 2018
POSITION: SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
START DATE: July 1, 2018
- Superintendent experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess a valid New Mexico Administrator’s license or be eligible for one.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years Central office or building administrative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and articulate a vision with staff, students, parents and community.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of technology and application to school operations and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an environment and climate where all stakeholders share creativity, risk-taking, and experimentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a board to reach organizational goals.
- Proven record of school leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven record of school business budget and finance operations.
- Ability to perform essential job functions and job task requirements noted on the job description.
- Experience with collective bargaining.
- Experience and knowledge with federal programs, curriculum, bilingual education, transportation, and special education.
- Experience with extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Must be willing to live in the District.
- A personal letter of application
- A completed Superintendent Application
- Written response to Application Questions
- A current resume
- Copy of licenses
- Copy of College Transcripts
- At least three current letters of reference – current means letters written within one year of application date.
Application materials are available at www.lmsed.org.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Superintendent Search Committee
Attn: Rosa Dominguez
Lordsburg Municipal Schools
501 W. 4th Street
Lordsburg, NM 88045
No Faxes Please!
Questions should be directed to:
Mr. Alfredo Morelos Jr., Board President
Phone: 575-538-1128 (cell)
DEADLINE: May 4, 2018. All application materials should be submitted as soon as possible.
SALARY: Negotiable depending upon experience
Lordsburg Municipal Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, physical disability, or limited English proficiency.